Friday, July 12, 2019

Hands 2 to 10

I have completed the first ten hands in my one hundred hand challenge. I sketch with fountain pens and fountain pen ink, so I don't erase. Sometimes I redraw a line that is out of whack, referred to as "restated". I have a large stable of fountain pens, and I want to be able to compare their capabilities so I usually note the pen and ink I used in each sketch. Many inks are water soluble and I am learning to add depth and shadow by washing the sketch with water to blur and shade. I currently use the paper in my bullet journal which is not heavy enough for water so bleed-through is common from the sketch on the other side of the page. When I am done with this journal, I will move on to watercolor paper for my sketching.
Note: EF stands for Extra Fine nib

Hand # 2 (the dots at the top were my attempt at background- it didn't work)
Pen and ink: not recorded


 Hand #3 Pen: Platinum Plaisir (03 nib) Ink-Colorverse Lights on Ceres - more pink than itscanned. Ignore the note about Emerald of Chivor ink in upper left.

Hand #4 
Pens and Inks: Lamy Al Star (left handed nib, fine) with Lamy green ink was used to start.  
Restated lines with Wing Sung 3005 (fine nib) and Waterman Blue ink.
Shading with Platinum Preppie (05 nib) and Robert Oster Thunderstorm Ink

 Hand # 5--Pen: Vintage Sheaffer Tuckaway (Triumph fine nib) Ink-Visconti Blue

Hand #6 pen-Pilot Metropolitan (Fine nib) ink- Waterman Blue mixed with Waterman Purple

Hand #7
pen- Wing Sung 6359 (EF nib); ink -Diamine Chocolate Brown

Hand #8 Pen-WingSung 6359 (EF nib) Ink-Noodler's Lexington Gray (water resistant so it didn't dissolve to wash. I added gray watercolor paint)

Hand #9 Pen-Monteverde Monza (OmniFlex nib) Ink-Diamine Ultra Green

Hand #10 Pen-Wing Sung 6359 (EF nib) Ink Krishna MYC red #8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wash your hand -- then draw it!

I don't participate in social media during the day. By which I mean that my phone does not have any social apps and no notifications whe...