Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Library Statues

The local library has a fountain that includes two bronze statues. The fountain has a spot under the shade structure of the central courtyard. It used to have water flowing, adding to the peaceful feeling in the courtyard, which has tables and chairs distributed around the edges. Unfortunately, during the deep drought of a couple years ago all fountains were ordered turned off and it was drained. I don't know if they never turned the water back on because the pool developed leaks or because of liability issues. But the bronze statues of a little girl reading and a boy holding a book are still enjoyable. I sketched them from a distance and later each one close up. The girl was my #Inktober2019 post for day 3. I was using Diamine November Rain and a fude nib pen. The shading I tried to give her face made her look like a lion face. That is not how she looks, but my granddaughter says she likes her better that way.
Library statues at (dry) fountain.
Faber-Castell watercolour pencils on
Blick Mixed Media paper.

Close-up of boy statue with Faber-Castell pencils (watercolour).

Close-up of girl statue at library fountain
Diamine November Rain ink in Hero Fude pen
Blick Mixed Media paper
#Inktober2019 number 3










































I missed two days of Inktober sketches. I'm glad no one is enforcing. Here are the other three sketches from the past week. 
#Inktober2019 number 4

#Intober2019 number 7

#Inktober2019 number 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wash your hand -- then draw it!

I don't participate in social media during the day. By which I mean that my phone does not have any social apps and no notifications whe...